Sunday, June 7, 2020

Day 11 - Remember When I said...




Today is a new day. Thank you Lord. Yesterday was a mess. Reality came crashing down. Remember when I say MeAgain Photography was going to reopen it's doors? Well scratch that. I bought my domain name $32. I paid for a years worth of web hosting $58. I paid for a photography lighting umbrella $39.99 which I just returned. All the spiffy equipment I put in my Amazon cart has been moved to the save for later list. 

Take a look at these photos. They are OK for an armature. They are not even close to professional level. All the skill I had has evaporated. I do have faith that it's still in there but I need time to work things out. I have a lot of improving to do before I can charge for my work. And the website? I spent the entire day yesterday trying to so one simple thing. Log in. I couldn't figure out how to log into the front door of the website. I can get into the c-panel but that is so overwhelmingly intimidating I froze. I once built an amazing website I was proud of from scratch. Now I can't remember even the simplest things. 

I will get the website up. After all, I paid for it. But it will simply be the home for my gratitude and my travels to a new life with new goals. I will take pictures. I will be grateful but I will let it go at that. 

I also came face to face with some realities even closer to home. I need to clean my house (figuratively speaking) and I can't procrastinate. If your out there and your a praying sort, I ask you to pray for me. I need to hear God's voice and I need the words to make it OK. 

~Peace

Today I'm grateful for:

God. He's moving my life forward whether or not I like it. I just hope I can keep up. 

slowing down. I'm moving way to fast. It's just like taking a photo. When you rush you get crap. When you take a breath before you take the shot it's much clearer. 

prayers. I need them right now. Desperately. 

cooler weather. It's cool and grey today. It's nice. It matches my mood. 

going to church. I'd like to make it a habit. 

being loved. There is no one on this earth that loves me better than my girls. And boy do they love me. How the hell did I get so lucky?

having a roof over my head. I don't know how long it's going to last but for now, it's a pretty awesome roof. 




No comments:

Post a Comment