Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 163 - Window Shopping


"You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better."
~Rebecca Bloomwood~ Confessions of a Shopaholic

 Meet Brutus

Share/Bookmark

All the photos for this blog, my book and my life for the last 2 years have been a Collaborative effort. My vision and Brutus's capabilities have worked together to create images that still stun me. Every now and then I see one of my photos and go "Wow, did I really take that?" God gave me a gift and Brutus is my instrument of choice. I am not a great photographer but I am a good armature with a passion to improve. So what's all that mean? It means I'm currently drooling over new equipment! I'm new age window shopping.

Don't get me wrong, Brutus and I have been through a lot together and have a ways to go still. I'm just day dreaming with delusions of Ansel Adams . I'm about to take on a new project and would LOVE to have some new equipment. However, I'm prepared to take the journey with Brutus. He just needs a little TLC, a good cleaning, and a loving finger to push his shutter button.

For a Photographer, there is no better place to cyber window shop than this. 6 pieces of equipment make up my dream kit. They are:

3 of the 6 pieces - Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR Camera Kit w/18-55mm IS & 55-250mm IS Lens

Piece 4 - Off Camera Speedlight

Piece 5 - wireless remote trigger

Piece 6 - Camera Case

*whispers* Pssst...OK, one more. Check this out

So, for just under $1,500.00 I can have my dream rig. *sighs*

Looks like it's you and me Brutus. Lets see what kinda magic we can make.

Today I'm grateful for:

Dave figuring out that it was just the amp BEFORE he ran all new cable in the attic. Praise the Lord!

Ms. Cindy's example. Today I had one of my large meltdowns all because the cable was messed up and blogger was being a pain. I may not have ranted directly at God but we both knew he was who I was yelling at. Why do I do that? *sigh* Anyway, as I'm being nasty and stewing Ms. Cindy flashes through my mind. If any woman had the right for an epic meltdown it's her. Yet she is one of the best tempered, sweetest, most Godly women I've ever met. I can hear her now, praying for my salvation. Thinking of her humbles me and makes me want to be better. I'm grateful for her example.

Brutus. He may not be newfangled, but he brings my vision to life. His limitations makes me better, forces me to think outside the box, and drives me to master the digital darkroom. He....completes me *tears up*

window shopping. *wistful sigh* It's fun to dream and as long as it's "window shopping" my husbands head does not explode.

photo contests. I have little expectation of winning but again, it's fun to dream.

"Thy will be done." That simple one line prayer released my fears, my expectations, my denial and opened my heart, my life and my dreams. Can you think of anything better to be grateful for than that? I can....but just one

fans. I have people in my life that encourage me and tell me I can. The cheer me on and stroke my battered ego. Love you Mom! Hey, I have others, she's just my #1 :)

new projects. I meet with John tomorrow to discuss it. All fear is gone and now excitement has taken hold.

one day closer to paradise.

fully executed chore list. That rocks dude.

a happy hubby. Makes me a happy wife.

I would. I'd do it all again. I never knew life could be like this

No comments:

Post a Comment